Clinique K / Dr. Karl Schwarz Inc. (from now on, sometimes referred to as “we” or “us“) takes your privacy and the protection of your personal information very seriously.
More specifically, this Policy aims to inform you about our privacy and protection of personal information practices, including how we collect, use and disclose your personal information when you retain our professional services or use our website and your rights.
This Policy does not apply to third-party websites, including those that may be accessed through links on our website. Clinique K / Dr. Karl Schwarz Inc. is not responsible for such sites. If you visit a third-party Web site, it will have its policies, which we invite you to consult before submitting your personal information, if applicable.
Consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information
We collect, use and disclose your personal information when you consent or interact with us to request medical services or complete a form on our website.
By communicating with us, voluntarily providing us with your personal information, or browsing our website, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information by this Policy and as required or permitted by law.
Suppose you provide us with the personal information of a third party. In that case, you represent that you have the consent or authority to allow us to collect, use and disclose such information by this Policy.
Data collected automatically
Description of personal information collected
We collect personal information that is necessary for the medical and surgical care we provide as part of our operations, such as the following:
- Your personal contact information, such as your name, address, e-mail and telephone number, when you meet with us or when you browse our website or complete online forms or applications;
- Copy of your health insurance card and other identification card;
- Information you provide us by telephone, e-mail or other electronic means, in writing, or any additional information you provide during conversations or meetings.
Use of personal information
In general, we use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with medical and surgical services;
- To ensure compliance with our ethical and regulatory obligations;
- To ensure the proper conduct of our operations, including the management of our files;
- Any other purpose permitted by law or to which you consent.
Disclosure of your personal information
Your personal information is only accessible to professionals who provide or administer medical and surgical services to you by the law and legal and ethical obligations.
We may also need to use mandated service providers to manage certain aspects of our business, including providers of technology and computer services and cloud hosting. These directed third parties are bound by the same confidentiality obligations to protect your personal information per this Policy.
Where personal information is stored
Personal information collected by Clinique K / Dr. Karl Schwarz Inc. is kept confidential by applicable legislation.
How long we keep your personal information
We retain your personal information only as long as necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy and to comply with our ethical and regulatory obligations. After this period, your personal information will be destroyed securely.
- You have the right to access and rectify your personal information;
- You have the right to withdraw your consent to the disclosure or use of your personal information and
- If applicable, you must send your request for access to your personal information in writing to Clinique K / Dr. Karl Schwarz Inc. with a copy to the following e-mail address: Clinique K / Dr. Karl Schwarz inc: Info@clinique-k.com. Your request will usually be processed within thirty (30) days of receipt unless we advise you in writing that additional time is required.
If you would like to know more about the protection of your personal information or wish to exercise your rights, please get in touch with Clinique K / Dr. Karl Schwarz Inc., our Privacy Officer (Art. 3.1 of the Act), at the following e-mail address Info@clinique-k.com.
This Policy is current as of the “Updated” date at the bottom of this page.
The Policy was last updated on September 22, 2023.